Friday, February 24, 2012

Trees part 1

Got an order of JTT Trees over ebay. These ones are even better looking than the trees I ordered earlier in the year, and the wire trunk.branches are covered with some sort of coating, so that you can't see the wire, which is a very nice touch.

I used wire cutters to trim the excess wire off the bottom of some of the trees.

Then I got blobs of Green Stuff, and moulded a blob around the base of a tree, then squashed down onto a standard 25mm miniatures base. Then used fingers to smooth it from trunk to base, holding the tree in an upright position. I then put them in my miniatures wardrobe, pressed slightly against each other.

With the foliage touching each other, the trees hold each other up, while the green stuff sets. When I left them, at first, just standing on their own, the weight of the tree caused them to keep leaning over and I had to keep pressing them back into an upright position. Leaning them against each other worked, and this morning when I checked, they've all set hard in the correct position.

Here's the new trees! Starting to get a forest now! Should look good with my other trees as well, in patches across the table, once the table is done.

Now all I have to do is paint and flock the bases / green stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment