Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Worldworks Titan Scenery part 3

I've done two rows of tiles now, along the bottom of the map layout I'm trying to assemble. 12 tiles so far! People on the modelling forums were right, it's a lot of work, and a bit tedious printing and taping and cutting and gluing stuff over and over again.

Luckily, my brother has loaned me his Star Trek Next Generation and Deep Space Nine DVDs, which are making it a lot more fun to sit down constructing tiles and objects - though I have a tendency to get distracted by Star Trek and realize half an hour later that I'm supposed to be cutting things, lol :)

I've started making some paper scenery objects to go with the tiles too - a couple long barriers to go by pedestrian crossings, two metal fences beside the VTOL landing pad, and some short concrete posts.




I'm a bit more excited now that I've reached row 3 of the map layout, as I get to start doing some walls and doors and room interiors next! I assembled a single 6" wall piece as a test, and placed an object behind it to stand it up, so I could pose some figures in front of it and see what it looks like.





No comments:

Post a Comment